Wednesday, April 21, 2010

wrapping up

So, the semester is ending in the next 1.5 weeks for me. It doesn't feel like it's been too long since I've started this blog, yet some good things have been happening over the semester.

This quest for my identity as an artist is no where near complete; however, my eyes have definitely opened up, and I'm not as apathetic about art as I was prior to starting this project. This semester was quite different. Perhaps I just got lucky to have such supportive professors this time around (compared to the past 3 years of being in the art school). To cut to the chase (and forgive me if this gets sappy), my heart has softened up a bit. I'm not nearly as bitter about art and the means of creating it.

I've learned some valuable things while reading, studying, and writing about art. Maybe I never gave it much of a chance to begin with. Whatever the reasoning, things are looking up. I'm excited about this final project.


No comments:

Post a Comment